iPS stem cell factors
Pre-made Lentivirus for Inducing Pluripotent Stem Cells (iPSC):
Conversion of fully differentiated mouse or human somatic cells into embryonic-like cells (so called induced Pluripotent Stem Cells or iPSCs) has attracted enormous attention. Multiple reports have demonstrated that iPS cells can be generated by using a set of transcription factors or stem cell factors delivered via expression virus or by expressed proteins. The main stem cell factors are: OCT3/4, SOX2, NANOG, LIN28, c-Myc, and KLF4, although the combination of reprogramming factors may be slightly different. iPSCs hold the promise of curing many human diseases and accelerating stem cell research.
GenTarget’s validated iPSC lentiviral particles provide an easy tool for generating your own iPS cells in as little as in 14 days. We offer iPSC Lentiviral Particles utilizing either the super CMV or EF1α promoters expressing individual iPSC factors, as well as particles expressing all four factors chained under an inducible promoter. Please refer to our validated iPS cell generation procedures.
iPS Lentiviral Particles with suCMV Promoter:
Utilizing our Inducible Lentiviral Vector system (see vector scheme below), GenTarget has generated high-titer inducible lentiviral particles for all six human and mouse stem cell factors. Each factor is fully sequence-verified and matched to the CDs in the NCBI database (see details from each product). High titer lentiviral particles / supernatant were produced in 293T packaging cells (Cat# TLV-C) in serum-free medium. They are pseudotyped with VSV-G glycoprotein.
GenTarget provides both human and mouse iPS lentivirus driven by the super CMV promoter with either the RFP-Blasticidin or Neomycin antibiotic marker (see vector scheme above). These lentiviruses can be used for constitutive high expression and can also be used for tetracycline-inducible expression when a repressor regulator protein (TetR) is present.(see How etracycline-inducible expression works).
iPS Lentiviral Particles with EF1α Promoter:
GenTarget also provides a constitutive expression iPS lentivirus driven by the EF1α promoter without any markers (see vector scheme below).
iPS lentiviral particles provide an easy tool to generate your own iPS cells. Gentarget’s iPS lentivirus was validated in generation of iPS cell and you can get your iPS cells in as short as in 14 days. Please refer to our Validated iPS cell generation procedures.
Stem Cell Factors in GenTarget’s iPS Lentiviral Particles Include:
iPS clone images generated using Gentarget’s iPS lentiviral particles:
[ Images above were provided by Dr. G. Wang in Harvard Meical School, Boston, MA 02115.]
- Masaki Ieda, Ji-Dong Fu, et al. (2010). Direct Reprogramming of Fibroblasts into Functional Cardiomyocytes by Defined Factors. Cell 142, 375-386.
- Takahashi, K. and Yamanaka, S. (2006). Induction of pluripotent stem cells from mouse embryonic and adult fibroblast cultures by defined factors. Cell 126, 663-676.
- Yu, J., Vodyanik, M.A., Smuga-Otto, K., Antosiewicz-Bourget, J., Frane, J.L., Tian, S., Nie, J., Jonsdottir, G.A., Ruotti, V., Stewart, R., Slukvin, I.I., and Thomson, J.A. (2007). Induced pluripotent stem cell lines derived from human somatic cells. Science 318, 1917-1920.
- Park, I.H., et al., Reprogramming of human somatic cells to pluripotency with defined factors. Nature, 2008. 451(7175): p. 141-6.
- Shao, L., et al., Generation of iPS cells using defined factors linked via the self-cleaving 2A sequences in a single open reading frame. Cell Res., 2009. 19(3): p. 296-306.