Cas9 (CRISPR associated protein 9) is endonuclease that can cut the double-strand DNA, and thereby alters a cell’s genome. CRISPR-Cas9 genomic gene-editing technology utilizes a guide RNA molecule (gRNA) to direct a Cas endonuclease to the genomic DNA targeted site. Then, the Cas enzyme creates a double-strand break that can be repaired either by Non-Homologous End-Joining (NHEJ), which can result in insertion or deletions (InDels), or by Homology Directed Repair (HDR) when a repair Donor DNA template is present.
InDels can disrupt the expression of the target gene (So-called, KnockOut). While repaired by HDR, the genome was modified with a foreign gene (So-called, KnockIn), or with sequence corrected gene (targeted gene therapy or gene repair).
sp Cas9 (from Streptococcus pyogenes ) is the most frequently used cas endonuclease in CRISPR. Ca9 protein can be delivered as the standalone expression, or delivered with a target gRNA in a one-vector system.
GenTarget offers standalone sp Cas9 Expression Lentivirus, and other modified Cas9 enzymes. To avoid the unwanted permanent Cas9 expression, Gentarget also provides the Cas9 Expression Adenovirus, and the Integration-Deficient Lentivirus for Cas9 expression.
Cas9 Expression Products:
Our Cas9 lentivirus are produced from our proprietary high-titer lentivectors that express a nuclear penetrating humanized wild-type Cas9 endonuclease (Streptococcus pyogenes). The Cas9 enzyme is driven by different promoters with a variety of antibiotic selection markers (see the core expression lentivector scheme below), providing you an easy delivery for cas9 expression in almost all cell types, including the hard-to-transfected cell types, primary cells, and non-dividing cells, which makes the gene-editing possible in all cell types.
Cas9 Lentivirus Product Features:
- High Cas9 expression Level by enhanced promoters to fit different cell types;
- High titer lentivirus provides more efficient Cas9 delivery in almost all cell types including primary cells and non-dividing cells;
- Flexible selection with different antibiotic and fluorescent markers;
- Best nuclear penetrating with enhanced NLS leader: the Cas9 is expressed with an optimized, proprietary Nuclear Localization Signal (NLS), providing the efficient cas9 delivery into the nuclear region where the gene-editing occurs.
- Easy to use: you can simply synthesize the gRNA (or use gRNA lentivirus) and used it together with the Cas9 lentivirus for targeted gene editing.
- The standalone Cas9 lentivirus allows generating CRISPR-ready animal models or stable cell lines in your desired cell types or animals that are used as a model for any gene editing.
Please see Cas9 Lentivirus Product Manual, or see each product detail below.