Premade Lentivirus for GFP/ CFP/ BFP / YFP/ RFP / niRFP
Utilizing our engineered lentivectors and packaging system, GenTarget provides ready-to-use lentiviral particles for all commonly used fluorescent proteins: GFP, RFP, CFP, BFP YFP, niRFP and others.
GenTarget’s pre-made lentiviruses for fluorescent proteins are ideal for testing transduction efficiency, cell tracking, stable cell line construction, and enzymatic assays both in vivo and in vitro. They are extremely easy to use, with no need for any mixing or addition. Simply add virus into cultured cells. You will be able to observe expression in 24 to 72 hours.
Each fluorescent protein is human codon-optimized to demonstrate the strongest possible fluorescence signal and is available expressed under a selection of promoters:
- The proprietary suCMV promoter demonstrates the highest expression level in the majority of cell types.
- The engineered EF1a promoter is non-tissue specific, highly expressed in all cell types, and less likely to be silenced after long-term culture.
- The CAG promoter–a hybrid of the CMV enhancer and chicken beta-actin promoter–has the highest expression level in embryonic stem cells.
- The optional inducible CMV promoter (TetCMV) can be used as either a constitutive high expression or tetracycline-inducible express as desired (see other fluorescent control lentivirus here).
These vectors are available with a selection of different antibbiotic markers, allowing selection of transduced stable cells. Please see the schematic lentivector structure below.
The particles are pseudotyped with VSV-G protein and packed in 293T cell. Each particle is provided as 200 µL/vial containing >1 x 107-9 IFU (Infection Function Unit) /ml. see Product manual (.pdf).for details
They are packaged in two formats:
- In DMEM medium with 10% FBS and 60 µg/ml polybrene.
- Concentrated, purified, and buffer exchanged into PBS for use In Vivo or for serum sensitive culture.
Citations: Syamal Bhattacharya, et al. Surgery Volume 152, Issue 3, September 2012, Pages 449-454. (Cat#: LVP023)
Please see each category page below for different products with different selection markers: